Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Working AC - 'Livin Large Now!!

So I fought all weekend with the AC, trying to get it running.  I finally dropped the car off to a professional to make custom lines with the proper connections and tap for the LS1 Sensor (transducer).

So that's it - right?  Working AC - BUT NOOOOO!

The compressor would not come on when the button was pushed.  I thought I had it all wired up, but attempt after attempt proved not.  I finally jumped the compressor and traced the wire from the jumper back to the "bundle-o-wires" that I did not strip from the harness - BINGO!   The location circled in the diagram was the culprit.  I assumed it was spliced in the harness, but apparently, it was spliced in a connector on the F-Body.

After splicing that one connection, the AC and the fans work as designed when the AC is engaged - Ice Cold Air at last!!


Heat Management

I have been suffering with uncomfortable heat on the floor when I take the car for long(er) rides.  The floor around the pedals has to be over 100*F.  So I added some HP Sticky mat 1/8" under the car, above the cats and added some header wrap to the pipes just under that section of the floor.  So far, so good - while I haven't driven the car that far, I have had it to 200* sitting, running whilst working on the AC - and the floor stayed relatively cool.  Fingers crossed - time will tell...

2 comments:

  1. OK give it up what is an HP Sticky mat exactly??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heatshield Products Sticky Shield - this one is a foil faced 1/8 inch thick ceramic matrix with adhesive applied to the back. I added a 12x24 inch piece to each side of the tunnel with the bottom wrapping up to the frame rails and the rest up in the tunnel. http://www.heatshieldproducts.com/automotive/heat-shield-and-thermal-barriers/hp-sticky-shield

    ReplyDelete