Saturday, August 31, 2013

Gauges and lights

Tranny is back

The transmission is back in and the car is back on the road.  I am babying this thing and so far have about 25 miles on it this time.  It rained this afternoon here, so tomorrow morning I plan to drive it to the Caffeine and Octane monthly meet.


Gauge cluster - cluster

So I replaced the gauge cluster with another one I got locally (fewer miles) from a 2005 SE.  After I installed it, the tach reads half what it should - wow - talk about inconsistency...  So, I took the other tach out (older gauge cluster) and put it in, with the face from the new(er) one...  Also, since the gauge faces are green when the lights are on, I added green 5mm LEDs to the new mechanical gauges I just installed (replaced the white incandescent bulbs).

Speaking of the new gauges - I developed a leak with the oil pressure line (nylon), so I replaced it with copper.


Under the dash, I added a couple LED lights to the footwells - they are also green, but the superflux SMD. These only come on when the door is open (courtesy lights).

LEDs

The picture below shows the 2-different LED types I used.  These came from Oznium.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment