Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Parts Fairy Arrived



Well - I have been on a shopping spree...


The Car



Hard Dog Double Deuce roll bar already installed 

It has a dent that I didn't know about - oh well...  I guess that is an excuse for the AWR Wide Body kit?




I spent the day driving this little car around town - the battery was disconnected before I picked it up, so all the sensors needed to reset before I could get an emission inspection.  After 75 miles of driving, they were finally clear - while at the shop, I put it on a lift so I could inspect underneath.  All is well, except one brake caliper has a leak (RR).

The shocks on the car...  Pretty new, but I think the shocks are set too stiff.  It does corner nicely though.  I'll probably have to change the springs on these when I drop the beast in!

The Parts

Finally got the engine off the truck - had to "engineer" a hoist from the ceiling as my cherry picker wasn't long enough to reach all the way to the front of the truck bed.

Sanderson Headers - no giant dents for the steering shaft!


Custom Oil pan modification
Parts is parts

Inside the big box - lots of goodies - radiator at the bottom and the carrier mount for the rear is in there too.
The previous owner labeled most of the wires in the harness.

A couple of items that I noticed today.

1. The rear seems to "grumble" a little when starting, but only after backing up - I assume some bushings are worn on the left rear.
2. On hard acceleration, the car pulls slightly to the left - again, I am assuming the same issue causing the "grumbling" is also causing this - further inspection should yield a clue.

Name that part!
Time for "Name that part"  I think it is a vacuum sensor - but what did it plug into on the donor car?

No comments:

Post a Comment