Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The start

Let the games begin!

So this is the first post of a blog / build thread on my Miata project.  It all started when my Wife said that I needed a project - who wants to redo the kitchen, or another boring backyard remake?  I first thought, I could build an older jeep, but we already have a Jeep and I built an offroad trailer last year that accompanies it very well...


Additional pictures of The Orca Project can be found Here

So as I thought through it, this is what came to be the project...  a V8 Miata - LS1 powered, street machine.

Through hours of research, the list of parts being assembled, so far:
  • 1996 Miata
  • 1999 Firebird LS1 / T56 drivetrain
  • Ford rearend
  • V8 Roadsters kit

I liked the look of this hood, and couldn't stomach the $1000+ pricetag of the Simpson Design one - so I am building my own.

Here is the progress so-far on the extractor hood.



Looks rough, but I think it will turn out nice - and certainly be one of a kind.  When I start the teardown, I will add more posts and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment