Friday, July 5, 2013

Almost ready!

So lots of progress on the Miata on July 4.  It was a very rainy day here in the South and I got several things done in the shop.

Installed the completed rear subframe with all new parts, drive shaft, axles, hubs and control arms (new bushings).  I have now filled all fluids in the car (except brake/clutch) and installed the headlights.  Once the new Brake kit arrives, I can install that.  I ordered the Little Big Brake Kit from FlyinMiata.  I thought that kit offered the best value of what I have found.

VMaxx setup.  I installed the coil overs in the car, but the rear units are pretty close to the CV boots (see pics below).  Once I am able to set it on the ground, with the wheels/tires I choose, I will be better able to assess that situation.  Note: I am not calling it an "issue" - yet.

Almost ready to test fire.  Unfortunately, I have not received my PCM back from LT1Swap.com - and I am a bit concerned, as I have not been able to get a response from Brendan.  Today marks 2 business weeks since being delivered to LT1Swap.com via UPS, yet I still don't have it and cannot get a response from them.



Front to back under the car

Rear suspension

Yikes!  that is close!  I am not sure how much more pre-load I need on these springs, but this is the minimum due to clearance of the CV boot.  Currently, the CV boot is pushed back toward the hub.  Either way, it is tight.
Front Coilovers - still need to set the ride height, but that may be driven from the rear setting and the CV boot  situation.

 Items left to complete:
  • Address the intake design
  • Install brake kit & bleed system
  • Decide on Wheels/tires
  • Build exhaust
  • Re install interior (new carpet - Black)
  • Re install doors, fenders, hood
  • Alignment


No comments:

Post a Comment